LIKE us AT Facebook! Share and learn tips, techniques, gear and more!
Mini Nalgene bottle .
When backpacking, I carry small amounts of food in re-usable small reusable bottles so I don’t get leaks, and save the planet at the same time.
Save our landfills while also using leak-proof containers so your food doesn’t leak when back-country camping or traveling.
Which ones are they? I'll show you in pictures...
· To follow park rules, (such as Quetico Provincial Park’s no glass or can rule)
· Save space in my pack from using bigger bottles ,
· Save the environment (and fellow campers feet) by not accidentally leaving broken glass,
· Save weight (cause who wants to carry glass jars, or bigger bottles out of a park)
· Create less garbage- the bottles are re-usable so I don’t finish with lots of plastic bag garbage.
· They are non-breakable
· They are long lasting.
Why do I use these jars instead of other containers?
NUMBER ONE REASON: They are LEAK PROOF!
If you’re carrying lots of food in close proximity (such as in a bear barrel, dry sack or food pack), then you want something that is leak proof. Nalgene are a well-known brand, and are known for being leak proof.
still put the bottles in plastic bags in case I don’t screw the lid on right).
Why do I still use them?
· They are better than any other bottle I’ve used.
· There are a variety of sizes, so you can choose the right size bottle for the amount of food you’re bringing.
· They’re reasonably priced. – for a high quality product, they are very well priced.
· They last a long time- for years and MANY trips!
PLUS! They are multi-purpose. I also have a few that I use to carry shampoo and toiletries when I’m traveling (such as the Nalgene Small Clear Travel Kit ), so I can take the things I want on the plane with me too!
Check out what I think is the best water bottle ...it's stainless steel and I LOVE it. People are always commenting on my awesome bottle!